
This summer Jason has been working at the Draper Temple Grounds as the Head Gardener. I have loved seeing the flowers and plants at the temple grounds grow and blossom, but even more I have loved watching Jason grow and blossom as a gardener. He has learned about so many different plants, I can’t wait until we have our own yard to care for. But I hope it comes soon before Jason looses “The Eye”. Recently he commented that he is cursed. Now with his Gardener eyes he can spot a weed a mile away! Not only weeds but plants that need to be dead-head-ed and anything else that might need some nurturing.
My favorite thing about having Jason work at the Temple Grounds is that he always comes home tan, and happy. Or maybe the word is peaceful… the work is hard, the hours get long, the day is hot, but the location is great. Can you imagine spending all day on the temple grounds? Think about the great thoughts you could have… working with your hands in the dirt, in the ground that has been set apart as Holy Ground by a Prophet of The Lord.
Another plus side to this job is that on the few occasions Jason has left for work on morning when less than ideal situations have occurred. (In other words we got up on the wrong side of the bed) Jason has never stayed mad. You can’t stay mad at a place like that! He will even bring me home flowers that they were getting rid of, or he will scatter rose petals on my bed, and I even got some bulbs to plant this spring.
I love my Gardner! He is so kind and thoughtful! I love that he works hard to provide for our family. I love that he loves Nathanael and that Nathanael adores him. I love that he comes home hungry and will eat anything I make. (Even if it is overdone, ok, burnt) I love that he is full of hopes and dreams. And I love that he is becoming a Master Gardner. Growing a Family is even harder work than taking care of the Temple Grounds. Thanks Jason. I love you!
Last week Nathanael and I had lunch with Jason at work. I took a few pictures…. Hope you enjoy them!
ps. My Favorite memory at the temple was of Nathanael playing in and eating the DIRT! LOL! Enjoy!





Monday, September 14, 2009
My Gardner, THE Gardener!
Posted by My name is Jenilyn. at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an awesome job! I love Nathanael eating the dirt. That is priceless!
AAAWWWW! I could just stare at these pictures! What a fun little outing. I'm so glad that my brother has such a wonderful wife who loves him!
I am so glad that you had the chance to go spend sometime with him there...I love the pictures! They are adorable and you have put them together so well!! You look like a happy family!!! and I know you are!!
God made Dirt, right? So sweet. You three seem to have really enjoyed your summer. Love the photos.
Post a Comment